A great simple meal to fill you up, perfect to use up any leftover veg or meat you may have
Serves 2 and makes a great lunch the next day (invest in some tupperware!)
What you need:
- 150g Pasta
- 4 slices of bacon diced (could use 2 chicken or turkey breasts)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- Any mix of veg you like e.g. mixed veg, peas, carrots etc.
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely cut
- 1 Onion diced
- Grated Cheese
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
What you do:
- Put the pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt
- Fry your onion and garlic in a large ovenproof dish until brown before adding your meat and frying until cooked
- Add the two tins of chopped tomatoes, followed by the pasta (make sure it’s cooked and you drain it first!)
- Add all your veg with a little salt & pepper (optional) followed by the herbs. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 180C and grate some cheese, you’ll need a lot! (Enough to cover all the pasta)
- Take off the heat, stir well, then cover in cheese!
- Pop into the oven for around 20 – 25 minutes (until the cheese is brown and bubbling)