With Chocolate Week taking place from 12 to 18 October and the air starting to feel decidedly chillier, what better time to try out a hot chocolate cocktail recipe?
Choco Locos recipe
With its thick, chocolatey texture and the warm spice of dark rum, Choco Locos is a decadent cocktail that is sure to keep you feeling cosy as the nights draw in…
- 250ml Cowbelle full fat milk
- 100g Moser Roth milk chocolate
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 swirl Cowbelle double cream
- 100g Moser Roth dark chocolate
- 25ml Old Hopking Dark Rum
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
These ingredients can be picked up from your local Aldi store.
- Add the cornflour to a little milk to make a paste. Place to one side.
- Gently heat the milk until it is hot but not boiling. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the cornflour mixture and the grated chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Place back on low heat until the mix has changed consistency and thickened.
- Once heated, serve in a warmed mug before adding a measure of rum.
- Layer the drink with a swirl of double cream, sprinkle grated chocolate and serve with a cinnamon stick stirrer to give the cocktail an indulgent finish.