Do you have the creative spirit and professional dedication needed to solve a marketing and aviation-related case study for Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline of Central and Eastern Europe?
If so, you could be in with the chance of winning unlimited air travel on the WIZZ Network across Europe and beyond for free for an entire year – the perfect way to expand your horizons!
Now in its second year, the competition is open to teams of college or uni students currently studying for undergrad or postgrad qualifications, and the teams judged to have submitted the best entries will invited to present their ideas to the WIZZ jury at a live final in Budapest.
It’s an ideal opportunity to test your skills, intelligence, expertise and ability to work as part of a team to the limits, as you’ll be developing a response to a real-world business situation. An appearance in the live final – or, even better, a top-three finish – would also be a great addition to any CV.
Here’s what you need to know…
What is the WIZZ Youth Challenge?
The WIZZ Youth Challenge is an international case study competition from Wizz Air – a low-cost airline that flew over 28 million passengers in 2017 – in which students from across Europe are challenged to share innovative, out-of-the-box ideas that can support the future growth of the company.
Who can participate?
- Wizz Air is looking for teams of students (minimum of two members, maximum of four) with a creative spirit and a professional dedication to take on the aviation related challenge.
- Any student studying for a BA/BSc or MA/MSc at a university or college in countries within the WIZZ Network can participate.
What is the challenge?
- Wizz Air will set a challenge relating to the operations and marketing of the airline. The exact details of the case study will be sent to all participants once the registration period is closed.
- Wizz Air will provide detailed guidelines and background materials to the registered teams in order to ensure they have the necessary information to develop a quality case study.
What is the competition process?
- Teams can register for the competition until 25 March 2018 by signing up on the WIZZ Youth Challenge website. You will also need to send a signed paper application form by post.
- All registered teams will receive the case study challenge on 26 March 2018 and will need to submit their response by 16 April 2018
- The WIZZ assessment team will select the best teams, who will be invited to participate in the Live Event in Budapest on 9–10 May 2018, to present their case study to the WIZZ jury, experts in the aviation sector who are passionately seeking for young talents.
- The jury will choose the top three teams.
What is in it for me?
- The opportunity to test your skills, intelligence, expertise and experience to the limits, developing a response to a real-world business situation.
- The possibility of sharing your ideas and expertise with WIZZ, the largest low-cost airline of Central and Eastern Europe.
- If you win the competition, you will have the chance to win one of three fantastic prizes…
What are the prizes?
- 1st place: UNLIMITED travel on the WIZZ Network for one year to 145 destinations in 44 countries for each team member. It’s the perfect chance to expand your horizons, while sharing your journey with others as an official WIZZ Travel Reporter!
- 2nd place: 2 free return tickets on Wizz Air flights for each team member.
- 3rd place: 1 free return ticket on Wizz Air flights for each team member.
You can get the full lowdown about the WIZZ Youth Challenge and submit your team’s application at the WIZZ Youth Challenge website.